Replacement cornice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, all,

I need to find a replacement cornice for a kitchen cupboard. I've just moved in to a place and I think the landlord had his Cocker Spaniel do all the work on the place, as some of it is appalling. One thing the Cocker Spaniel didn't get right is the cornice, as it is too large and looks silly. Where do I start with finding a replacement, or is there someone that could cut it down for me? The problem with cutting it down though would be that it has this sort of plastic beech effect covering on it, so I'd need more of that too. Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
I need to find a replacement cornice for a kitchen cupboard.
One thing the Cocker Spaniel didn't get right is the cornice, as it is too large and looks silly .... is there someone that could cut it down for me?
Any joiners shop HOWEVER the core is MDF and if you cut through the foil-/vinyl-wrapped surface contact with any moisture (and kitchens do get moist) will cause it to swell. So not really advisable IMHO

The problem with cutting it down though would be that it has this sort of plastic beech effect covering on it, so I'd need more of that too. Thanks :)
That is probably what is referred to as "foil wrapped" a,though it might be "vinyl-wrapped". You can't buy the stuff retail, though - it comes in 500m rolls and upwards (and in any case it requires a special vacuum heat press costing tens of thousands of pounds, sometimes into 6 figures, to form onto the mouldings, doors, etc). What it certainly isn't is "sticky-back plastic"

Where do I start with finding a replacement?
Wickes, B&Q, local kitchen studio, etc should be able to sell you a length or two of a similar beech-effect cornice, although getting a colour match might prove a bit of a faff

And after they sell me the cornice length, who do I get to cut it to duplicate the defunct cornice?

Sponsored Links
And after they sell me the cornice length, who do I get to cut it to duplicate the defunct cornice?
A joiner or a kitchen fitter because it will require the ability to produce a good quality, accurate mitre joints

Yellow Pages, Thompsons Local, Internet, etc.........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back