Replacement decking spindles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to replace part of my decking fencing but can't seem to find the right spindle and balustrade. I've looked at Wickes, Jewsons and Homebase without any joy. Are there any stockists online who supply a wide variety of styles? (Decking was installed prior to house purchase a couple of years ago.)

It looks like the following but is 77cm in length and the square ends are 23cm in length:
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Traditional-Deck-Spindle/invt/540097

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that but I tried Google before posting.

most decent timber yeards or builders merchants will stock a variety and shoyuld be able to match them. They look very much like a richard burbidge traditional spindle

www.richardburbidge.co.uk

Sponsored Links
Thanks Thermo. I will give a timber yard a visit. I have found similiar looking spindles, like the Wickes one but the difference is noticeable.

Tried Travis Perkins, Buildbase and Jewsons. Tried a placed billed as a Timber Merchants but they made windows and doors and couldn't help.

Anyway, it does look like very like the Richard Burbidge colonial spindle (http://tinyurl.com/lcuptg) but it's short at one end by about 5mm and also long. I'm not sure whether the spindles would have been cut to size when the fencing were fitted. If they were they were machine cut.

On the off-chance that someone has the same, here's the dimensions I will be sending to some online places to see if they can match it.

are they definetly decking spindles. from the picture they look more like internal spindles that have been used on the deck

Well they've been treated with something and comparing the external decking in Travis Perkins they have a similar look and feel, so my instinct is that they are exterior ones. To be honest, they could have come from anywhere, so the search does feel like a needle in the hay stack. :(

my experiance from that photo says it looks like an internal one rather than a decking one

Still struggling with this. The issue seems to be that the colonial decking spindle is a standard size (900 x 41 x 41mm) which would be fine except the shorter of the two square sections is 240mm where mine is 245mm. Am asking colleagues local to me to check their decking and measure it, with the hope that I can match the same and then approach their installer. Needle in a haystack.

Hi Thermo.

I am actually looking to make two extra fencing panels to act as gates to keep pets off the decking, so I need about 22 spindles.

just trying to get my head around this one. give me an answer to the following

the ones you can get are 5mm shorter on the lower square section, that being the only difference?

how many existing runs are there?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back