Replacement for Danfoss HSA3 Three port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to replace the three way valve as I know mine has a slight leak and isn't really working properly anyway (over hot water when CH is on) - I think the valve itself is partially broken. It has certainly jammed up at least once requiring 'help' from a grip to get it moving again.

Perhaps someone can answer the following Q re: this. After reading the forums the Danfoss HSA3 seems to be prone to leaks. I would like to replace with something more reliable, but without having to change wiring/pipework.

Are there any direct replacements that fit the bill? (i.e., no pipe work or wiring changes)

The Honeywell V4073A 3 Port Motorised Valve seems to fit the bill, and Honeywell has a good rep. One Q about these though. The last house had one but you could not change the head on it without draining the system, unlike the Danfoss above. However, I believe this was an old design and modern ones can have a head change without draining. Is that correct?

TIA

James

Sponsored Links
Honeywell V4073A have changeable heads now + it will have a earth wire as you present one don't

for diy reasons just fit same for same.use existing nuts.
fully drain out your system and refill with inhibitor added.
i had a drayton valve exchanged years ago with a honeywell all ok but an annoying knocking noise through pipes when valve moving between ports at certain times.
installer said it was normal for the valve to slam shut at times.
sold that house,some one elses problem now.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all,

sounds like the Danfoss will be OK then. Only a couple of quid cheaper, but the head still works, so could just replace the valve part (can you buy them separately?), and leave myself with a spare head unit.

Thanks again.

James

Ahh. Think I was right above - the HSA3 is the head unit (correct term - actuator?), HS3 is the entire unit.

Had a look at prices just for the valve, nearly as much as the whole unit. (55+ compared with 69), so will go for whole unit giving me a spare actuator unit I reckon.

Thanks again all.

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back