Replacement shower pump problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

Got a quick question and would appreciate some advice.

I have just replaced a shower pump (hot only) situated next to my got water cylinder. The new pump is however 2 bar and not 3 like the old one. The shower is fed from mains and the plumber installed a pressure reducing valve and set it to 3 bar. This made the shower work smooth and all was fine until the crappy unbranded pump went.

Since replacing I have a problem with the pump pulsing on and off when the shower is on. I imagine this is as the cold is 1 bar stronger. In cannot get access to the PRV as it's been tiled over (stupid place to install imho).

So to fix it I have a few options.

1. Install a new PRV as the cold feed enters the bathroom.

2. Install a pressure equalising valve (think this would be a more dynamic fix)

3. I have noticed some screws on the shower valve (picture is old as tiled now, but can still access). They have HP and LP on them for each feed. At first I thought they were isolation valves but my wife mentioned they may be too equaliser pressure. Any thoughts?

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• tmp_13518-IMG_20160723_205725496068512.jpg
    tmp_13518-IMG_20160723_205725496068512.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 106
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yep, always replace like for like,should have fitted a 3 bar pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back