Replacement shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I need to replace a Triton Trance electric shower (original) but can't find which of the latest models is the direct replacement. I don't want to move the inlet pipe, the electrical power or the wall screws if I have to.

I've contacted Triton support but have had no reply.

Many thanks

Adam

Sponsored Links
Thankyiu for the quick reply Muggles. Unfortunately that is the Trance 2 which has different positions for the screws and water inlet.

Looks the same to me, but OK I'll take your word for it. Thats probably your only option, you'll at least need to move screw holes for everything else

Most spares are still available for the original though, how about repairing it?

Sponsored Links
Finding something that needs absolutely no changing to pipework etc will be hard.

Most have various inlet positions i.e. rear or side but even then you may need to adjust the pipes let alone screw holes. If there is slack in your wiring this will be the easiest thing to accomodate.

I wouldn't want to start messing with electrical stuff. The old one is about 7/8 yrs old so probably needs changing. I've ordered the one from B&Q and will see how much different it is.

Thanks,

Adam

You'll have to disconnect and reconnect the new wiring obviously. What i mean is if the terminal block is in a slightly different place in the new shower you can just pull more càble through the wall a bit more to accomodate assuming the previous install left enough slack.

If youre not comfortable with this its probably time to call someone in who can also check the circuit is properly rated for your 8.5kw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back