Replacing 3 Radiators £500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have been quoted £500 to replace 3 radiators (including the radiators) and just wanted to know if this a good price.

Im changing from:

a. 1200 x 500 double to a 1400 x 600 double
b. 900 x 500 double to a 1400 x 600 double
c. 1200 x 500 single to a 1200 x 600 double

all the rads will be placed in the same position

Is this quote any good?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Any less in London, and his name will probably be Jerzy Bolovski and the receipt will be in Polish.

Sponsored Links
yes sounds fair, just make sure some form of corrosion inhibitor is added on the final fill or you will pay for it in the long run

for london its very cheap.make sure you get decent radiators fitted.

I would usually quote about £525 plus anything not included in the materials quote above like drayton TRV4s which I would expect to fit to all new radiators.

Tony

That's an outragous price.... He should be paying you for allowing him to fit them remembering to doff his cap at you as he goes...

For that price I bet the cowboy is going to mr central heating for the cr$p radiators. Dont worry about the inhibitor, he will probably **** in the header tank for free!

thanks everyone for your help.

how would i know before hand if the rads he will use will be any good?

well it seems yoy want hotter rooms due to large radiator sizes.
dont forget your boiler could be limited to a certain output but maybe not.
sometimes a system balance can increase heat output in radiators but if radiators undersized originally your best off with new radiators.
what boiler do you have ?.
stelrad radiators are ok but even a badly fitted decent radiator will suffer if installed incorrectly.
go to your local central heating/plumbers merchants (independent) not a big shed and tell staff what you want done with your measurements and ask if a local guy could be reccomended..
works for me.

well it seems yoy want hotter rooms due to large radiator sizes.
dont forget your boiler could be limited to a certain output but maybe not.
sometimes a system balance can increase heat output in radiators but if radiators undersized originally your best off with new radiators.
what boiler do you have ?.
stelrad radiators are ok but even a badly fitted decent radiator will suffer if installed incorrectly.
go to your local central heating/plumbers merchants (independent) not a big shed and tell staff what you want done with your measurements and ask if a local guy could be reccomended..
works for me.

I have a vaillant turbomax compact

how do i know if a rad has been fitted badly or not?

I just paid £140 for a Centre Brand 450mm x 2000mm Double convector about the biggest they do in their own range.

There is a fair cost in materials there prob around £250 or so

...go to your local central heating/plumbers merchants (independent) not a big shed and tell staff what you want done with your measurements and ask if a local guy could be reccomended..
works for me.
That is most certainly not a good method as there is a conflict of interest.
For recommendations you should ask friends, neighbours or colleagues, not a guy who has a vested interest in sending his mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back