Replacing a PIR with a Dual Technology Detector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I Have a large 'L' shaped wooden lean-to structure that enve.lopes the side and back of my house, I have an alarm + PIR to protect it but the PIR has stop.ped working,
so, my question is can I fit a Dual Technology Detector ?

My main concern is because the structure is made of wood with a steel and asbestos roof with plenty of gaps where the roof meets the 'walls', will the microwaves escape giving false alarms ? or does both the PIR and microwave have to trigger at the same time to set off the alarm ?

sorry for my ignorance, hope you can help.

Sponsored Links
In general, both technologies must be triggered before the detector registers an alarm.

The PIR is a passive, looking-for-moving-heat technology and the microwave is an active radar system that bounces microwave pulses to check for movement. Don't worry about where the microwaves go!

A pet friendly dualtech might be a good idea if yoe could have furry friends...

Thanks Eighty Two,

forgot to say, I will be adding a second Dualtech detector.

Don't have any furr.y friend.s but do have furry enemies in the shape of rats... some of which can be quite large, and I am about to alter and replace some of the sewag.e system so I'm expectin.g the problem to get worse for a short while.
Will I need a pet friendly detector ?

Next question, what are the better makes ?

thanks

Sorry about the 'full stops' in some of the words, these words disappeare.d when I posted and could only get them back by adding a 'full stop' to them.

Not sure if it's my compute.r or the forum :confused:

Sponsored Links
Co.ol prob.lem with the full stops! :cool:

Bosch Blueline pet priendly dual/tritechs are good. You can buy cheaper ones, or Pet-F PIRs, but these are what we fit....

Thanks again Eighty Two :cool:

O/T- found out why some of the words on this forum disappear, some words are highlighted and an advert pops up if I hover my mouse over it, I have 'Ablock Plus' which removes adverts therefore removing some words.....sorted now.

Back on topic, going to order two Bosch Blue Line Gen 2 BLD2 Pet Tritech detectors tonight unless someone tells me not to.

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2392

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back