Replacing a single laminate floorboard - what type of glue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys -
I have a single damaged laminate board in the middle of a room and have found guides on how to remove the board (with a circular saw), grind the lips off of the new board, bang it in - but obviously a bit of glue is needed to make up for the loss of lips/grooves. I have no idea what kind of glue to use - would this be suitable?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Evo-Stik-Wo...&ie=UTF8&qid=1426876219&sr=1-40&keywords=glue

thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Sorry to sound negative, but good luck with that ;)

If it is click fit better to take up half the room and relay (just did that myself took about a day) if it is glued have a look at repair kits to fill and match before taking a saw to it, almost impossible to get a perfect straight and clean cut out in situ.

Sorry to sound negative, but good luck with that ;)

If it is click fit better to take up half the room and relay (just did that myself took about a day) if it is glued have a look at repair kits to fill and match before taking a saw to it, almost impossible to get a perfect straight and clean cut out in situ.

well i do appreciate all input, positive and negative so thankyou for replying - can I ask - if you WERE to undertake such a task, what kind of glue would you use?

thanks

the trouble you have is if its an already glued joint it may fail fairly quickly as the glue acts by penetration and isnt very good on top off dried glue
what thicknes make and sort is the flooring and how much spare do you have ??

Sponsored Links
the trouble you have is if its an already glued joint it may fail fairly quickly as the glue acts by penetration and isnt very good on top off dried glue

it's not already glued, no glue has been used in the past.
the thickness is 8mm, it's B&Q 'colours' brand, and I purchased about 10 boards (to replace 1)

I would get a strip of worktop edging, B & Q sell it, lay it face down under the edges of the hole use evo stick to fix it to the underside of the floor with an inch overlap still visible, then use the evo stick to glue the patch in place if you see what I mean. Rather than trying to butt the repair to the existing floor edge.

it's not already glued, no glue has been used in the past.
the thickness is 8mm, it's B&Q 'colours' brand, and I purchased about 10 boards (to replace 1)
dont know what the utube suggested
but cut down the middle off the damaged board and to the nearest wall
then as said [cracking idea to use edging strip :D ] use a thin material and contact adhesive i use 1mm perspex
as said the under tongue needs to be removed
and make sure the flooring hasnt splayed before sealing on the contact adhesive
by splaying i mean the planks either side are running out off parallel so when you drop the plank onto the strip you get a gradually bigger gap away towards the open wall
in other words once inserted into the old end and side prop the board up on the open side with say a screwdriver centrally then line up at the open end remove the screwdriver and press firmly along the contact line to finish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back