Replacing a sounder box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have had a look through the forums but I am not confident to know I'd get it right so thought I'd best ask :)

We have an RB6 alarm with external sounder. Now the sounder speaker seems to have packed up, the strobe hadn't worked for years, so I thought I'd try and find a replacement unit.

I picked up a Vortex from Maplin YS09K. Now their instructions have information for a number of existing alarms but none mention the RB6 and can't seem to find anything on the interweb either apart from its old ;)

The old sounder box is a Flashguard 100. It has connections from the panel as follows:

+ and - supply
- trigger
+ and - sounder
- tamper
+ and - strobe

The Vortex has:

+ and - hold
- TG
- STB
Return

Ignoring the sounder as that is now fed from the new sounders PCB board I've got 6 wires it need 5?

Thanks for any guidance and anyone know where I can get a manual for the RB6? We know how to set and change the code and use the "omit" bits and I manage to reset the code by pulling the battery, I've replaced that a couple of times, and power and then putting power back and it goes to 0000 but I've heard about putting a panel in "engineering mode" for testing?

Anyway if I can hook the new sounder up that'd be a great start.

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Martyn

Sponsored Links
At a guess,
Use the existing hold off supplies for the new sounder.
The strobe - (neg) for the new bell.
The old trigger for the TG.
The old - tamper for Return.

Should be close enough :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back