Replacing an air conditioning outdoor unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
TL;DR;
Is it possible just to buy just the outdoor unit? All I can find online is a full split kits with indoor/outdoor. The outdoor unit is a KFR-66GW.
(for ref, indoor unit is LD-24CHS)

I can't find that specific unit for sale on its own, so do you have to buy like-for-like, or can you use another make/model assuming the specs all match up?

---
Looks like the condenser on our aircon unit has died. There's power to it, but when the air con system is turned on, it doesn't spin up at all. Zip, nada.
(There is no 'off' switch for the condensers power supply either - so it's not 'turned off' either)

I'm going to do some fault finding to see if there's anything that can be done, but as it's really rusted and has been living under a tree for 8 years, I'm not very expectant it can be fixed.

So my question at this stage is whether it's possible to just buy & replace the outdoor unit, and how much it may cost?

Depending on cost, I might replace the whole lot as I believe the system may be over-specced for the conservatory it is in.
(It's a 24,000BTU unit and the conservatory is approx 10ft by 17ft and 8ft high - so about 1360 cubic feet)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back