Replacing an electric shower - inlet question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Having repaired my current shower three times or more due to various component failures over the years I have decided to finally install a new shower.

Electrics I'm quite comfortable with but plumbing's not a forte of mine.

My problem is this: the current shower is fed by an inlet pipe feeding into the left hand side of my current shower via a short pipe, however the models I am currently looking at all feed to the right. Some say they have multiple inlet positions but the diagrams I'm looking at all show the inlet valve being on the right hand side.

There isn't enough space between the current fitting and the wall to mount the shower another position to suit this and the inlets are behind a very narrow 'false wall', for want of a better term, so getting in behind to reroute the inlet is a non starter.

Is there a way around this or have I had it? Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Henry

Sponsored Links
'Most' MIRA Leccy showers have the coldwater inlet on the left, and I would say that the MIRA range is as good as it gets......

the Triton t80Z(?) has a swivel inlet that 'swivels' left or right, and the cable inlet side is on the left too. (I have more issues with the electrickery side of shower swapping than the water)

Or, get the Triton 'Instatrim' adaptor box if you really want to fit a different style..... goggle it.

DH

Oh Yeah, beware installing the biggest power rating you can think of, if it is an 8.5kw already there, its an 8.5kw for a reason....

Oh Yeah, beware installing the biggest power rating you can think of, if it is an 8.5kw already there, its an 8.5kw for a reason....

Yeah! My Dad made that mistake when we were young... We were all wondering why the isolator kept melting!

Cheers for the help. I think I'll go for a Mira all things considered as that Instatrim gizmo is £20+ on its own and I'm seeing Mira's for £90 online. Can't beat that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back