Replacing Ball Valve in Main Water Tank/Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My water tank/cistern was overflowing, when i tried to replace the washer i managed to get the cotter pin out but the threaded nut was stuck. Cistern is in an awkward place, there is only about 15 inches from top of cistern to ceiling in enclosed bathroom cupboard.

As i cant get the thread off (tried wd40) i will have to replace the whole valve and reconnect it to the main water pipe. I profess to having no skills what so ever in diy, is this an easy job, roughly what will i need to make a decent attempt.

( i would normally ask a plumber in but the water tank and boiler are due to be replaced in the next 6 weeks so don't want to go for too much additional expense)

All help and advice more than welcomed.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Easy. Just go to a plumbers merchants and ask for a part II valve and float (about £5). Turn off mains. Undo the backing nut, undo the connector. Put in new bits. Turn water on. Adjust float to get the right level then wait for it to be thrown out in 6 weeks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back