Replacing broken oven - Please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble replacing my electric oven that has finally gone and needs replacing, I think I am right in saying its a built in oven as it fits under my worktop where the gas hob is and between my kitchen units slightly off the ground. I'm looking to purchase at John Lewis as I have vouchers but as its just a maisonette I live and will be moving soon I do not want to spend too much. the specifications to the oven needed replacing is:

Howdens/Lamona Electric signle fan oven HJA 3300

outer width - 560mm
outer depth - 561mm
outer height - 594mm

Dimensions of installation settings

Width 560mm
Depth 540mm
Height 585mm

Out of both measurements from the manual am not sure which one I should be looking at when shopping for a replacement. Also are all standard electric single fan ovens the same size? cant find an oven the exact size as this or does this matter? would it still fit in to where I need it?

Can anyone recommend a replacement in the £150-£200 mark from John Lewis or answer any other questions I will be forever grateful.

Shane

Attachments

• howdens manual.jpg
    howdens manual.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 211
Sponsored Links
The vast majority of single ovens are the same size, typically 600x600 give or take a few mm.
The only possible problem is the depth, some are deeper than others. A very deep oven may be a problem depending on exactly where the gas pipe for the hob is located.

At under £200 you are looking at the very bottom end of the market, it really won't matter which one you get.
The existing Lamona thing is similar, typically given 'free' when buying a Howdens kitchen.

We just want a basic single electric oven that cooks/bakes well for the next 2-3 years that's why we are not wanting to break the bank, so looking at ovens I can buy any single fan electric oven? or best to try match the depth? I have found lamonas ovens really bad! it was fitting in when we purchased the place last year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back