Replacing cooker wire into wall plate thing with a plug sock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this original question its old but it perfectly covers logistics of my kitchen as I've discovered today. In the above situation, would the cooker switch then be able to control the double socket below? Or would it become redundant once the cooker plate had been replaced by the double socket?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Someone thought it would be less confusing to move this post to a thread of its own, thereby losing the "above situation" I was referring to. To recap:

In my kitchen I have a now redundant cooker power source under the worktop, with a control on/of switch over the worktop. I am considering changing under the counter to a plug socket.

Thanks again in advance! :)

Sponsored Links
I do wonder if you should be doing electrical work when you don't know which wiring accessories do what.

Some more learning before fiddling about is called for, IMO.

Sponsored Links
What you suggest is possible and makes sense if you don't require the connection plate for a cooker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back