Replacing deep door lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi hope you can help.

Im just replacing an old rotten door lining that runs from my kitchen to an uninsulated exterior extension. The lining i'm removing is standard 768x2100x108 but is 60mm deep and i cant seem to find 1 with that thick an upright or mantle. Can anyone direct me to a site that sells them or offer some advice on the best way to pack the gaps to prevent heat loss?
Also im connecting to brick.

Thanks in advance.

Gareth

Sponsored Links
Two possible approaches. Assuming that the lining has planted-on stops you could always buy timber sawn and planed to size and simply make-up your own linings. Alternatively, buy the nearest size you can find and build it up to the required size of opening by planting-on planed extension pieces (screw and glue). I'm assuming that by 60mm deep you mean that the thickness of the head and jambs is 60mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back