Replacing door seal on washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
The rubber door seal on my Bosch classixx 1200 has a tear in it and i need to replace it.
I have found a replacement on the net that fits the bill matching the model number marked on the door.
Can anyone give me any advice on changing the seal. Is it an easy job?

Thanks in advance for ayour help

Sponsored Links
Hi again.
needing to use the washing machine and bearing in mind delivery of parts with xmas looming ....is it possible to turn the seal so that the tear is at the top?........if so....how do i undo the tension band?

Thanks very much

cant speak for your make, but you have to turn the whole seal around which is fixed to the inner tub

it is possible to do a temp repair with a cycle puncture outfit.

Sponsored Links
just found that the front of our seal had worked out from the wire holding it to the door edge.,its hard to replace but its got this wire all round and a small spring at the ends....remove wire..refit front rubber edge over lip of edge all round
then work the round wire with spring around edge to hold the rubber seal
in place job done [but you need strong hands too pull wire apart] hope this helps.. NOTE replacing door seal compleatly you need to take top of macine off to get to the inside back holding seal strap fixed from inside,
dw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back