Replacing felt at eaves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its a large 1970 bungelow with mercian tiles fitted over traditional felt.An L shaped lounge off the main structure has two valleys formed by heavy concrete valley tiles.The felt has rotted beneath the valley tiles.I have replaced one valley with a breathable felt,the job still requires pointing up,the other valley needs starting.1.Is this the way to go,advised lead valleys is the answer,also heard fibreglass,or is what i have done o.k, in a dilemma..? "Stripped out/replaced eave felt/battons,problem is tiles are slightly out of line with rows above,does this mean that i have not fitted the battons parrellel to those above. 3.How much overhang of tile into gutter is ideal.

Sponsored Links
Understand-Darth_Vader.jpg

Dude, slow down and start again explaining a little better so we can help you. :)

valleys are tricky at best, for a novice they can be daunting.

yes there are different valleys i.e. overlapping concrete valley tiles, clay overlapping valley tiles, lead with timber tray and lathe upstand and fibreglass with pre formed run off upstand.

some will work in certain scenarios and others won't. without stripping back and exposing the lathes, it's hard to say which will work best for you.

it's a very vulnerable area so don't bodge it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back