Replacing Gas Meter Box HELP how to hold in place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My gas meter box was damaged i have to replace it.

I have had the gas disconnected and the gas meter removed, the old box has been removed and i now have the hole in the wall.

New box fit snug but with a pull it comes out.... so needs securing in place.

How can i secure this in place. drilling the box is a NO NO and they will not reconnect gas fit i have drilled and the box.

Box is made of fibreglass.

Mitras say in needs to be mortar in place but this would be hard and would't stick at the back. Is there a bond i can use??? pinks stick, sticks like, no more nails, i could use you help secure it in then try to squeeze mortar around it??

pink stick says not to be used on plastic.... hum... any help or advice would be great.

Sponsored Links
expanding foam as an adhesive??

i looking to hold it in place and not just fill the gaps?

Sponsored Links
last expanding foam i used wasn't sticky... used it for filling a gap in window frame and on car bumper.

Thanks all, I was advised by a builder friend to use some adhesive called "Sticks Like Sh*t" by Evo Stick. I used this on the back of the box to stick to inside of the wall the squeezed motor around the edge to repoint the box in. Took 24 hours to dry but i can stand on the box and no movement now :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back