Replacing intercom handset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a block of flats. At the main door we have this entry system:

In my flat, I wanted to replace the intercom handset as the one that came when they built the block is a very basic and ugly one, but most of all it has no volume setting, so when someone rings at the door, they scare the s*it out of me and my cat lol and wake most of the people in the block :D

So I opened it to check the wiring... and this is it:

Now, I'd like to buy a replacement handset from Amazon but have no idea which one can be compatible. Can anyone please help with some info? :D

Sponsored Links
absolutely not compatible.

The system you have is a digital call system and will work ONLY with the specified handset.

Be aware that the system may remain the property of the freeholder or management company, and any short circuit or incompatible handset may knock out the whole system, or at least trip out the interface to your handset and require an engineer to re-set at the control unit, leading to possibly rather expensive repair bills.

Wrapping the speaker in some soft foam might muffle it somewhat.

If it were my system I'd wire a potentiometer across the speaker to try and alter the volume, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Sponsored Links
So if I find the 1138/3 and have it installed by some technician, would it be ok?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back