Replacing mouldy grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, some of the grouting around the top of my bath and between some of the tiles has been steadily going brown/black and won't come off when scrubbed anymore.
I want to re-grout, but understand that I need to remove the discoloured grouting first.
Can you tell me how to remove it please?

Sponsored Links
Its not easy to remove it.
Have you tried washing it with bleach diluted?
If you do want to remove you need to scrape it out, you can buy a tool, be careful or you may chip the tiles. When you re grout use the correct grout.

all grout will discolour eventually, as said ,bleach is brilliant at cleaning, wear gloves etc. use a small brush - old toothbrush I use.
grouting is a messy job too but worth doing every ten years or so with waterproof grout, dig out old with a grout cutter only .

Sponsored Links
Mix bleach and bicarb of soda into a paste put it on the grout and leave it for a while to work, then wash it off. Good quality bleach is better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back