Replacing my Honeywell thermostat with programmable one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am looking for some advice and help with replacing my room thermostat that runs my Baxi 105e Combi boiler.
//media.diynot.com/200000_199252_55674_96790930_thumb.jpg

The boiler is in the garage and is not too old, fitted by the last owner. they have obviously connected the boiler to the original thermostat which is a Honeywell dial type that is located in the living room. //media.diynot.com/200000_199252_55675_52507867_thumb.jpg

I have the heating on the Baxi set to on all of the time and try to control the heating by the thermostat which usually means running downstairs at 6.30am to turn up the therm so the heating clicks on as the house feels cold - I would like to replace this with a 5/7 day programmable type that i can set to come on go off etc, hopefully saving on energy and making sure the house is warm at the right times.

Can you give me some advice on which thermostat would be a good direct replacement for the current one which is easy for a novice DIYer to fit and which wires go where etc (I am safe and logical when working so know isolate the power etc!)

On the inside of the thermostat i can see there are three wires connected
//media.diynot.com/200000_199252_55676_92919050_thumb.jpg
but a bit of help mainly with what replacement to buy is the key question here! Thanks Mart

Sponsored Links
On the inside of the thermostat i can see there are three wires connected
Can you confirm which colour wire goes to which terminal?

The Honeywell CM907 aka CMT907 will be your best bet.

It can be placed in the same location as your old stat, but wiring needs to be confirmed - hence question above.

The timer on the boiler will stay set to permanently ON.

I am still yet to take the current thermostat off the wall to check which wires go where but will do this weekend and come back, having trawled the net for similar posts most people recommend the Honeywell one you have suggested. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I replaced this
honeywell-t6360b-spdt-room-thermostat-00001361S.jpg

with this
main_product_PSCMT907.jpg

Novice with leccy? That's me!! It's almost as easy as wiring a plug.
Advice from guys on here helped immensely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back