Replacing Potterton EP2002 with a Honeywell CM67NG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wanted to replace my potterton EP 2002 programmer with a honeywell CM67, couple of questions.

1. Is that possible?
2. The existing wiring for the EP 2002 is

N
L
1 = hw off
2 = ch off
3 = hw on
4 = ch on
5 is a Common you link to L

The CM67 seems to only have the following, and according to the wiring digram for a direct control

N
L
A - Same as L
B - Live for Boiler

Also the EP 2002 goes via a honeywell wiring box, not sure if that makes a difference on the wiring.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Paul.

Sponsored Links
But the CM67 won't time your hot water, it's a programmable CH thermostat...

Blimey that was quick, thanks for the reply Chris.

So the CM67 just replaces the themostat then?

Yep. You would need a single channel programmer for the HW, or leave the potterton in with ch set to constant, using the dhw as you do now.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that gas4you, that's exactly what i did and it all seems to be working fine.

I have another question which i wonder if you can answer.

All the wiring for the system centers around a honeywell wiring box, in the box are links which depending on your setup should be left in tact or cut.

There is one which the instructions says "if using a programmer (not basic timer clock) cut link 1". Link 1 isn't cut but i think it should be seeing that i'm using a programmer.

What do you think?

Cheers in advance Paul.

I know the wiring center you have, and I hate them :eek:

I much prefer the basic 10 way wiring block.

All I can suggest is to follow the MI's that you have, to suit your system, as the intricasies of this wiring center escape me at present :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back