Replacing render board with blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have to brick or breezeblocks the external walls of our build ,2011 completion. As it's not mortgageable apparently. Will I have to remove the render board first, or can I block outside this. Also how easy is it if I have to extend the overhang of the roof. Any advice will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
we have to brick or breezeblocks the external walls of our build ,2011 completion.
Do you mean it was built in 2011? :confused:

What is the exact wall make-up? How do you know it's unmortgageable? Not doubting but it'll help the thread.

Built in 2011. Timber frame. Well insulated etc,good epc. But no mortgage co will even consider it until it's brick or block.wall thickness is 91/2 ins. Should be 12 at least. Not happy :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
New build bungalow, single skin 150mm timber frame,internal walls,15mm dense plasterboard external 18 mm ply batten and counter batten for Everest render board and Weber thin coat render.150mm of full fill insulation between studs. It's on a raft foundation, the problem arose when a buyer sent surveyor and he said it is non std construction. And can't be mortgaged. Thinking of getting it blocked on the outside, other builders are amazed when we discuss it with them. Don't know what to do for the best really.

Have you got a detail drawing from when it was built? Was this a one-off house or part of a large development? Have you not got a mortgage on it then? What have other lenders said? Or are you just going by this one surveyor?

Builders are amazed by what exactly?

Take a look here:

Its a more unusual method of construction than traditional but I'm not aware it was unmortgageable.

It's a one off,no mortgage,we have an i dependant surveyor coming out soon,will see where we go from there,think we will end up doing the work,although it will be a big job. We're wondering if it was advertised differently by an agent who deals with mmc ,or unusual properties would do better than our last agent. We are off the market till we sort it out. Thanks for your advice anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back