Replacing Satchwell Electronic Timer and thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved to a house with a Satchwell Sunvic ET Programmer/Timer. It's mounted in the airing cupboard with the hot water cylinder but does not have a backup battery, so loses all programmes wherever there's an electric cut. There's a generic instruction manual but no model number.

There's also a generic thermostat mounted on the outside of the airing cupboard wall.

I would like to replace the timer with a 5 + 2 day timer, which is capable of multiple programmes and has a backup battery, but I'm concerned that I will break the existing timer opening it up to check the wiring (as it's mounted in a tricky location next to the cylinder). Curious as to whether anyone recognises the timer and would know what kind of replacement I should buy? I know nothing about heating timers but diy replacing an existing installation does not trouble me (I've swapped out sockets and switches in the past).

I would also like to replace the existing thermostat with a wireless one so I can mount it downstairs in the living room or hall. At the minute I need to set the existing thermostat to about 30 deg C to have a 20 deg C temperature downstairs (because the existing thermostat is in the hottest place in the house).

If anyone has any pointers I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
So long as you can get to the wires replacing the timer is really straightforward.

Once you get it open it will propably be well labelled.

If you're going to replace it anyway then get a NEST or a z-wave thermostat. I did that last winter (a z-wave Secure) and now I could never imagine not having it. I can switch on my heating from my phone when I leave work, so it isn't wasting heat when I'm not there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back