Replacing sliding door mechanism

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wondering if its reasonable and possible to replace the mechanism on our patio door, so that a standard Euro lock can be fitted to key match all other doors. Also the handles are manky and need replacing anyway.

It's fairly old and looks primitive in its operation.

Any advice welcomed!

Attachments

• IMG_7406.JPG
    IMG_7406.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7407.JPG
    IMG_7407.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7408.JPG
    IMG_7408.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 109
Sponsored Links
If its got a Cylinder barrel , similiat to those on your upvc doors , then use ..you can just change the barrell to and get it key matched ...other than that the photos are a bit dark , but i suspect you won't be able to change the whole locking mech ...I might be proved wrong about that bitthough ...

It has an oval barrel, but I cannot get one matched to my Yale Superior locks unfortunately.

You would probably have to change the whole gearbox/locking system and the handle.
Although not impossible, I think you might struggle to find anyone who would want to attempt it.

Sponsored Links
I was hoping to give it a go myself! If you could point me in the direction of the correct parts it would be extremely helpful....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back