replacing the door seal on a hotpoint WT960 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any info on how to replace the door seal on a WT960 hotpoint washing machine. We are having trouble removing the front panel.

Any tips gratefully received!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
remove 2 screws on lid at back ,hard slap on front of lid to remove,remove dispenser tray 3 screws in each corner ,remove 2 screws on top 1 in each corner unclip front console panel and disconnect plug on consol ,remove 2 screws on top panel 2 more on the bottom under kickstrip unclip door seal band by the hindge its a spring ,undo 2 screws for door lock ,fold door seal in,lift up front panel and you are in ,just remove spring holding door seal onto drum .fit in reverse order. :D

Brilliant! Thanks so much - I now have a lovely new seal on my washing machine!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the above.

I have done all this but clearly have something wrong when I fit the outside of the seal. Whatever I do the inside of the door pushes in the seal when the door is closed.

The seal has a groove in it - does this fit on the lip around the door insert, or does the wire connector go into this? If it fits on the lip I just don't see how the wire connector will do anything but squeeze in the seal so making it easier for the door ro push it in. Any help gratefully received as I thought the hard bit was done.

the seal lips over the front panel theres a groove round it, then the wire goes round the seal in the groove .

the seal lips over the front panel theres a groove round it, then the wire goes round the seal in the groove .

Thanks again. I have tried this but the seal still gets pushed in by the inside of the door. Not sure if the wire needs tightening/loosening, perhaps the wrong wire or the door is out of alignment. Any thoughts? I have positioned the spring fastener at the bottom.

you havent put the edge of the seal over the lip .the mc will still work without the wire ,the wire justs stops the seal pulling off when you pull clothes out.

you havent put the edge of the seal over the lip .the mc will still work without the wire ,the wire justs stops the seal pulling off when you pull clothes out.

Does this require some serious force to get it in place? I will get some pliers on it. Or would some lubrication help?

no force just flick the seal over the edge on the front panel .

Finally got it. And happy to post my stupidity for others to learn from

I never even noticed there was another lip inside the groove on the seal. This slotted over very nicely and the metal ring went into the groove. Thanks for all your help.

I just spent 30 minutes following the instructions and now have a lovely working washing machine!

Crapped myself slightly upon taking off the electronic panel but all went good!

Thanks a lot! Top post! :)

Thanks for the great advice, but I am struggling to get the front panel off....screws removed from top and bottom, door lock screws out, but there seems to be white plastic retainers on each side on the inside, what do I do with them?!!

Also, am being a bit dim, but how do you unclip the band, perhaps I will see how if I could take the front panel off.

Thanks in advance,

H

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back