Replacing two wired thermostat with Programmable Stat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current CH system has a standard programmable Timer and an old Honeywell Room sat. This has two wires to it and controls the pump. I wish to install a drayton +3rf wireless programmable stat which has 5 terminals - N and L ( 230V) and 1,2 and 3 which are volt free contacts. Can I use this new unit without major rewiring, if so how do I connect?

Thanks to whoever can help.

Sponsored Links
L on the receiver is permanent live, 1 is the common (link these 2 together for a programmable stat), 3 is the switched live which goes to either; brown on 2 port heating valve or white on three port valve.

Mick

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have two wires only connected to the current simple Stat ( Honeywell ) - Red to 1 and Black 3. Are these connected to N and 3 or L and 3 ( after linking 1 and L )?

Chers Tattyhead

That wont work. Your old honeywell stat wont have worked correctly either.

What type of boiler do you have, combination?
It would be easiest to remove the existing timer and roomstat and starting fresh just connecting the wireless drayton.

Sponsored Links
Mick

Thanks again for your efforts. The current Thermostat does work and has done so for the last 10 + years. The house is 17th cent with three foot thick walls even internally. Therfore rewiring is sometrhing not to be considerd lightly. I take your point that I may need to abanbdon the update or do the re-wire. Why do you think the current systrem should't work?

Mick

P.S. It is not a combi. It does however provid hot water as well as heating. The hot water is pumped if that has an implication.

Because the honeywell needs a neutral in terminal two, which it doesnt currently have.

You need to find wiring centre (beside zone valves in a cupboard?) and wire drayton receiver in there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back