Reposted here : Possible damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Note: Been told to repost this here

We just moved into a new mid terraced property and have noticed some stains on the lower part of the inner walls that feel cold to the touch. One is by the front door and the other is by the back door. The house hasnt been lived in for a while and the heating hasn't been on either. We have noticed that the stain started to rise over the course of a week or two.

We borrowed a decent dehumidifier of the parents and the stains started to fade away. Here are some photos of it.

This is the patch by the front wall, i have outlined the patch as my camera is pants.

2u95mw5.jpg

Here is a image to show the proximity to the front door

34efdqc.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the patch by the back door, again i have outlined the patch due to poor camera

x4oq2t.jpg

And here is a picture to show its proximity to back door

28wc5mg.jpg

Are these problems due to the house not being lived in/had the heating on? Or do you think we have underlying problems here?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back