Repressurising Bosch Junior 24i - NO Charge Link?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya all!

My boiler has lost pressure recently so following instructions on variouse sites went off to the trade centre and cot the 'key' to recharge it.
After a bit of worktop limbo I have realised there isn't anywhere to put it!
Has my installer done the dirty and not installed a integral charging unit by accident or otherwise, or is it pretty common?
Also how the heck do I recharge it!? We are moving out this month (why does this happen?) but have to sell so really would like it fixed...

HELP!!!

Sponsored Links
An integral filling link is an optional extra on a Junior. There will be an external filling loop fitted elsewhere on the system, not too far from the boiler as you need to see the guage when topping it up.
Follow the pipes. If the boiler is above a worktop look inside the unit or remove the drawer and look behind it.

24i Junior does not have the charge link supplied with the boiler as standard, it is an optional extra.

Where the internal one is not fitted, there will be an external link (usually a couple of taps with a metallic braided hose between them) somewhere close to the boiler.

Often it is in the cupboard under the boiler in the case of a kitchen installation.

The plastic filling key isn't the best feature of a WB so I prefer the external link.

THANK YOU!

I recall having to hack a unit up when fitting the kitchen to accomodate that....

Update: Cant believe it was that simple! Looks like I'll be ebaying that key I didn't need- still, cheaper than a call out he he

Thanks again, can now shower without fear of it cutting out!!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back