Reset Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend has an alarm, i think its an AG, which apparantly for no reason went off in the middle of the night, and when he put in the code it stoppped the alarm but now just goes onto tamper. He dosnt know the installer code, as the alarm was already installed when he bought the house. How can he reset the alarm so the tamper goes out and he can use it again? Any suggestions???

Sponsored Links
First of all he will needto track down the cause of the tamper. This will enable him to reset the system with just the user code

Cant he just disconnect all zones, putting links instead, then connect the zones in 1 by1? Will this detect the tamper?

Sponsored Links
The alarm dosn't have a hash sign it just has numbers 0-9 then reset ommit set and program

Are you able to activate the sounder in the panel, then walk thru each room creating an audible sound telling you each PIR is working?.

Al

Al-Glasgow said:
most alarms have a reset by using the code then the hash sign.#

:!: On my alarm, code plus # signals "duress" and the control centre calls the police and guards without alerting the user.

The tamper light is on and nothing else works. If you turn the power off then back on the alarm sounds. You punch in code and alarm stops but tamper light on and nothing else works, keys or anything!

Sounds like an ADE panel

Does it have Optima, G3, Accenta or Concept written on it? Is the RKP rubber keys or membrane?

The RKP will lock-out on tamper, and only return to day when the fault is cleared.

Try the following: any panic buttons, rkp's and covers for PIR's - have any decorators been?

If this fails to find the problem, remove the panel cover and insert a link in the tamper terminals, this will remove the fault, then the panel can be returned to day mode.

To walk test the system depending on which panel it is, you may just need the user code or the engineer code. If you need the engineer code, try 9999. If this fails to work, you will need to reset the NVM. This you do by powering down mains and battery then shorting out two terminals on the PCB. The terminal numbers depend on which panel it is.

If you're really stuck, e-mail me and I can send you what details you need. I have instructions for 99% of ADE's panels.

On 2nd read, it sounds like an Optima with rubber keys (NVM) and a panel back-up battery that is forked!

securespark said:
On 2nd read, it sounds like an Optima with rubber keys (NVM) and a panel back-up battery that is forked!

Could be, some of the older ADE panels lock out with a short loss of power, on a low battery, although that normally causes a full lockout, so the code wouldnt of shut it up.

Disconect battery, and mains, leave battery off for a moment and just power up on mains,, and close the panel lid..... what happens?

If it works with no tamper lights, its the battery, new ones are around a tenner.

If you still have a tamper, then just link out all Tamper circuits on the panel, if that fixes it, then forget about finding the problem, you've just fixed it.

ml1936 said:
Cant he just disconnect all zones, putting links instead, then connect the zones in 1 by1? Will this detect the tamper?

Wont help unless it wired EOL or FSL, most older alarms have a global tamper circuit, esp if like securespark said its an optima, or accenta.

Need more info on panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back