Resiblock sealant applied to my block paved drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive spent ages over the last year researching sealants for my planned block paved drive, but there arent many customer reviews about on the tinternet. I eventually settled on Resiblock.

Earlier this year I had my new drive installed using Plaspave blocks (Sorrento Sarcen Stone, kerbstones & Como inlay blocks).

My neighbour had his old block paved driveway jetwashed and resanded a few weeks ago, and already weeds have begun to appear in the sanded joints:doublesho. Add the fact that my Land Rover occassionally drips a little oil, I was keen to get a sealant on my drive sooner rather than later. But I needed to wait for any efflorescence in the blockes to disperse first.

Its not cheap stuff but it has been recommeded to me by quite a few people. I purchased (40 litres) direct from Resiblocks ebay page where they sell cosmetically damaged tins at a reduced price. It cost me about £340 including the roller kit. As you can see the tins are only slightly dented..

ResiblockKit5-001.jpg

I also purchased their roller application kit, but to be honest, apart from the bucket its pretty crap. The roller pole snapped after 10 mins and the rollers kept sliding off the frame. I should have purchased from elsewhere..

ResiblockKit9-001.jpg

It should only be applied when there isnt any rain expected for 12 hrs after the final application. Anyway, I quickly found that the best way to apply is to thoroughly soak the roller in the sealant, then use the roller as a squeegie, pressing it against the blocks to release the liquid, allowing it to seep into the jointing sand between each block, then roll it about.

Heres my drive before applying Resiblock...

Untitled-7.jpg

And heres my drive after applying the first coat of Resiblock...

Resiblock1stCoat.jpg

It needs a minimum of 3 hrs and a maximum of 24 hrs before applying the 2nd coat. I suspected it would rain that night and was keen to get the second coat on, so after just a 3 hr wait, I applied the second coat. Here's how it then looked...

Resiblock2ndCoat1.jpg

The following morning I saw it had rained during the night, heres how it looked that following morning (despite the rain, the sealant is giving a wet look to the drive)...

ResiblockNextDay1.jpg

Heres a close up of the rain water 'beading' on the newly coated blocks....

ResiblockNextDay3-001.jpg

Cars shouldnt be parked on the drive for at least 24hrs after applying, but Im allowing an extra night just to be sure. Im assured that the wet look will begin to fade away, slowly returning close to how it looked before treatment. Im hoping this is true in my case, but im happy just knowing its been sealed. Hopefully weeds will be minimised and oil spills will be easier to clean off.

Sponsored Links
Theres also a telescopic security post at the front of my drive. Together, they block my car in. Without the middle post then you could just drive around the front post. Something like this...

Untitled-7.jpg

Well my drive is 3yrs old now and the Resiblock it performing really well. No weeds in the sanding joints, and just a small amount of moss in the areas that never get any sun. I gave it a clean the other day and its still looking really good. Ive also purchased som Resiblock OR (oil remover) to tackle the oil leak from my car.

Resiblock OR

IMG_7236_zpsonepeymj.jpg

Oil spill..

IMG_7219_zpskdobqh25.jpg

Resiblock OR applied and agitated with a brush..

IMG_7220_zpscpmocwz1.jpg

IMG_7225_zpsuyek0haf.jpg

Rinsed off with hose pipe, oil gone..

IMG_7228_zpsvs4ukwsb.jpg

Rest of driveway washed and looking really good for 3yrs old...

P1020632_zpsx1isaqnc.jpg

P1020637_zpslcgpjntx.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes, exactly! There's a change.org petition to get them to reverse the policy... can't see it making one jot of difference.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back