Restrictive planning condition on garage and internal work

I don't mind!

Planning permissions usually have on them standard conditions, one of which is that the work shall be in complete accordance withn the approved plans.

But very few people actually do them in 'complete accordance', and in practice there's often little planning departments can do.

If the garage has a door to a flat, does it preclude the use of the space as a garage?

Sponsored Links
This is the garage that was turned into a block of flats, right?

Obviously it will depend of the importance of the difference and if it is only a difference of some centimetres or if it involves a lot of additional work. Moreover it depend also if it concerns a garage protected by a planning condition. However as a matter of laws ‘in complete accordance’ means ‘in complete accordance’. The issue is whether the planning department can do nothing or want to do nothing

Sponsored Links
I would like to add that in order to transform a garage into a living space no development like the installation of fixtures like a bathroom or a kitchen is necessary. Hence the only development which is necessary to make this garage suitable to be used as an additional room is to create an access between the garage and the living parts of one of the two flats of this property and it is what the owner of this property did.
Hence I would like to know if this is not a reason why this garage has lost its permitted development rights and why the owner of this property should have made an application for planning permission not to develop his garage according to the submitted plans and should have also disclosed this information in his application for a lawful development certificate as being material information

In the submitted plan it is shown that on the ground floor there was a corridor with at the left the entrance of a new flat, at the right the entrance of the garage and in the front the entrance of the stairs which gave access to another flat in the upper floors. It was possible to access the upper floors without going first through the garage and there was no access between the garage and the other flat in the upper floors

However the owner of this property has developed his ground floor in a different way because the entrance of the stairs is not anymore in front of the corridor but inside the garage. What means that it is not possible to access the upper floors without going first through the garage and there is now an access between the garage and the other flat in the upper floors

I am wondering if this owner has not committed a breach of the condition which says that the development should be made in complete accordance with the submitted plan because this deviation was important because the only development which was necessary to make this garage suitable to be used as an additional room and not as a garage was an access between the garage and one of the flat what this owner created by developing his ground floor contrary to the submitted plan

We have to take also into account that it is not convenient for the occupiers of the flat in the upper floors to have to go first through the garage each time that they want to access their flat in the upper floors. So the question is why this owner has developed his property in this way? I think that there is only one reply which is that he intended to use his garage as an additional room to the flat in the upper floors and not as a garage in contravention to another planning condition which says that this garage should be available at all times for parking use

I would like to know if I am right or wrong

However as a matter of laws ‘in complete accordance’ means ‘in complete accordance’.

Have you, however briefly, ever driven a vehicle at 30.1 mph in a 30mph zone?

However in my case the deviation is very important. What this owner did is to remove the entrance of the stairs to the upper floors which were in the corridor in the ground floor and put it in inside the garage

The submitted plan does not contain more evidence that those I have already given. Moreover they can contain confidential information

The submitted plan does not contain more evidence that those I have already given. Moreover they can contain confidential information

Right, OK, you can't post a link to a publicly available planning application because it contains confidential information. That makes about as much sense as the rest of your posts.

Post the link to the application, at least it might be coherent.

114 posts on one topic, and counting.

Cheers
Richard

Yes it is publicly available but it contains the name of the surveyor who did the drawing and also the address of the property. It is why I am reluctant to send it to you. However I have already provided in my posts all material evidence which are in this plan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back