Retaining wall

Sponsored Links
The wall is made, I'll upload pictures soon.

I'm planning to bitumen the back of the wall to waterproof it. I assume there are no problems with that plan?

You'll have the rest finished today by the looks of how much caffine you have consumed. Good idea though that steel cuts and it hurts like a bitch. Next stop tetanus shot.

Sponsored Links
Have been painting the now built wall (back side in bitumin) and I've noticed I have a few gaps in the mortar that I'm not 100% sure I've managed to seal totally.

1) What would the effects of a small hole in my water proofing layer at the back be on possible rendering + painting?

2) Because I'm paranoid, would it be worth painting a fresh coat of bitumin, and sticking DPM plastic to the surface and doing a final paint over the seams?

3) I'm becoming increasingly concerned about the possibility of water ingress coming UP the wall from the foundations. How much of a problem could that be?

Cheers :)

Oh dear - there are no beer cans in your design :eek:

...you do realise this may have a serious effect on the finished wall :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back