Reversed flow and return pipes on boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me what effect reversing the flow and return pipe connections on an open vented system using with a Worcester 15ri condensing boiler would have please ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It would notice thatthe sensor temps were wrong, and stop, basically. It might run a little until it gets warm.

If you've done it,
a) NO you can't leave it like that.
b) you ain't the first :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It works OK but it sounds a bit like kettling, tinny sort of sound, the manual say quite clearly which is which and to check they are correct before commissioning as though it is important.

Thats becuase the temp sensor is on the flow pipe, your friends will in effect be measuring return temp as flow.

I would give advise to swap pipes at boiler asap :idea:

Thanks for all your help, the plumber came back today and swapped the pipes around, quite a job.

The boiler sounds a lot more smooth and healthy now.

He showed us the arrows on the boiler adjacent to the pipe fittings ! The arrows show the direction into the boiler so the return pipe is shown as into the boiler not out to the pipe. Just goes to show you should look at the book.

The arrows show the direction into the boiler so the return pipe is shown as into the boiler

so all the diagrams, extra stickers on underside of boiler, and full written Manufacturers Instructions and your "plumber" still managed to a rse it up?????

any inhibitor in system?? was it chemically cleaned??? boiler installation notified???

sounds like you had the Clancy Boys doing yer install

He showed us the arrows on the boiler adjacent to the pipe fittings ! The arrows show the direction into the boiler so the return pipe is shown as into the boiler not out to the pipe.

is it just me or is this not obvious?

Seemingly he has a lot of trouble with doors that say enter and exit as well. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back