1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

RGI in 6months. a joke

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by durhamplumber, 1 Dec 2011.

1. kirkgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

factually incorrect, there are many firms who have employed people who have retrained in gas, i think im right in saying you say on here that you run a firm and have many people working for you, so well done if its true and you are succeeful, and if it is true, do you honestly only employ fully time served people in each part of your business, or do you emply people who can do various things, jeezo listening to you takes me back to the old SSHA days where 5-6 vans were outside a house when a heating sytem was going in, and there are plenty who have brought their sound business accumen and hard work into "your"indusstry and have people working for them on an ever increasing customer base,, so these customers are coming away from other engineers for a reason, and it isnt always for money as again there are many on here who have held and increased customer base through hard work, endeavour and good customer relations, there are tons of people on here and other forums who are not time served in gas and are far more helpful and interested in furthering themselves by getting off their arse and doing something about it, and why shouldnt they, its too easy to slag them all off as crap, but its just sabre rattling cause maybe you are edgy that these guys and gals are actually bettering what you have taken a lifetime to do, it wont change so change what you are doing and get back up the ladder a bit

2. kirkgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    yes you can, as long as you either pay for it yourself or go to the right department and get it funded for you as many have done, haha that will start off the old favourites again

3. kirkgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i will pop back on here later tomorrow to pick up the latest round of abuse and see what/who has added anything sensible or otherwise ;)

4. libby lou lou

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Kirk, please make your posts easier to read, thanks.

5. EngStudent

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Glad somebody else thought this. Didn't bother reading anything past the first couple of lines.

Also, plumbers/gas fitters have been doing electrics for a while now. Didn't see them making any fuss then. :confused:

6. durhamplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    whether or not i have it wrong,i have no idea,but i asked the question several times when doing my CPA1 and was told you can go from ab initio to out on the road repairing boilers after 6 month,even if 16 and straight from school. I was already cheesed off at the prospect of doing that cpa1 nonsense every 5 years before hearing that.

7. kirkgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    apologies, can you explain what you mean,
    ta

8. kirkgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    apologies please explain what is wrong so i can write it down better
    ta

9. crank39

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My guess is your paragraphs are too long and your eyes get lost in all that rabble, split your paragraphs into smaller bite size pieces ;)

10. EngStudent

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    some capital letters and sentences and paragraphs would make things a lot easier to read

Some capital letters, sentences and paragraphs would make things a lot easier to read.

11. onlyfitidealboilers

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    He is only a poxy gas fitter playing teacher a few "" and . Wouldn't go a miss;)

12. nickso

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    ****ing pot kettle coming from you. :LOL:

13. kirkgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hoy knobby i'm a plumber and proud of it, gas is just a side line and not a real trade haha

14. kirkgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

at least i dont have a stutter ;)