Rice Pudding Made With Horlicks

Sponsored Links
Not me. I just eat what my first wife makes me; I don't ask.

Why have a dog and bark yourself?

Sponsored Links
Yeah done the drinking chocolate and porridge too , also tried it with semolina nom nom :D

Sorry if a bit off-topic. Not exactly rice pudding, but I asked a Scottish chap at our Scottish dancing society last night, which does he have with his porridge, sugar or salt? He uses sugar! I couldn't believe it. Not only is the traditional Scottish way to use salt, but porridge with sugar makes me vomit.

Sorry if a bit off-topic. Not exactly rice pudding, but I asked a Scottish chap at our Scottish dancing society last night, which does he have with his porridge, sugar or salt? He uses sugar! I couldn't believe it. Not only is the traditional Scottish way to use salt, but porridge with sugar makes me vomit.

Salt is traditional as it's a preservative and helps keep the porridge fresh in the porridge drawer.

Salt is traditional as it's a preservative and helps keep the porridge fresh in the porridge drawer.

Yes, I'm sure that's why they decided to use it in the first place. Even so, I think it tastes nice with salt, in fact on its own porridge doesn't taste much of anything.

When we had it at school in Yorkshire, it was made with neither sugar nor salt, just 3/4 whole milk and 1/4 water.

I still make it like that today and all my boys wolf it down!

Its how you grow up with it.

Had a quick gander in the Howdens catalogue, but couldn't see that any of their kitchen ranges had a 'porridge drawer'.

What in heaven's name is a porridge drawer? ;)

I think its what students do for food. Fill a drawer with porridge, let it set hard, then break bits off as required.

Sponsored Links
Back