ridge tile repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to the forum! just had my ridge tiles repaired by a "roofer" who has simply laid felt across "most" of the ridge tiles, the roof now resembles a badly botched garden shed!! I have just challenged him and he lams it was the only way to do it as they were uneven in the first place?? it looks terrible, please tell me I'm not wrong to complain? he spent 4 hrs at it and his bill was £450.. which he has just walked away from even when I just want it putting right and I'm willing to pay!

Sponsored Links
Consider it a lucky escape. Employ another roofer. Legally you're probably obliged to give him the opportunity of letting him put it right so consider this.

Consider it a lucky escape. Employ another roofer. Legally you're probably obliged to give him the opportunity of letting him put it right so consider this.

Thanks for your reply, I tried to ask him to put it right but he just stormed off! i am getting another couple of quotes tomrrow to put it right and to ask least try and find out why he would have done this!

What I meant was you should probably write to him, summarising what has happened and indicating what actions he took (ie stormed off) you don't want the clown to start claiming for charges in a months time or whatever. There is no doubt a legal way to write it and put it to bed.

Sponsored Links
What I meant was you should probably write to him, summarising what has happened and indicating what actions he took (ie stormed off) you don't want the clown to start claiming for charges in a months time or whatever. There is no doubt a legal way to write it and put it to bed.
good idea, thanks very much, I will do...:)

I can imagine it :rolleyes: Just another reason I deride " roofers "

I will get a couple of shots tomorrow, I even asked him this morning if he thought it looked right and he said no, he said thats the only thing he could do as the way the roof was pitched? bearing in mind these ridge tiles have been in situ for approx 20 years and its just been this last bout of stormy weather that knocked the cement from around some of them... honestly its the worst job Ive ever had done, he's used a glue gun to "stick" it down!! I asked him to put it right and he shouted, its not leaking is it and forget it you can have it for free before speeding off in a temper? strange, if I had done what I considered a decent job I would be fighting my corner for at least some of the £450 quid??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back