riello 40 ignition problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a riello 40 burner is having bother firing up,

sometimes it fires and sometimes it does not, sometimes it runs through the purge with no spark or solenoid opening and no oil spray , other times it fires, and other times it spits out globules of oil,

i have changed over the capacitor, the pump, the solenoid lead, the control box, cleaned the electrodes and replaced the nozzle, still the same set of problems,

i noticed a rusty colored layer on the electrode plastics,
also the damper does not open on the pre purge,

could it be that the motor is not strong enough to create pump pressure ( tho when i do get ignition, i get a solid pressure of 8bar) or could it be an air bubble in the lines? i tried bleeding at the damper but gettin oil through.

any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Have you replaced the photocell?
The solenoid coil on the side of the oil pump is also notorious for failure on these.
John :)

yeah, have replaced the photcell and soldenoid lead and head, still throwin up problems.... it is probabaly going to be somethin silly

A good starting point is, have you got a good supply of oil to the pump ? What oil pressure do you have ? Have you checked the oil filters ? Have you got 50 volts on the white wire from the motor to control box ?

Sponsored Links
i have a sold supply of oil from the tank

when it ignites i get 8 bar of preassure and it maintains this no problem

as for the 50 volts, i need to check that in the morning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back