Right Hand Held Shower Head with water pressure ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I always have a problem getting the right shower head for my system. I'm not bothered about ones with various massage functions as I just want a good drenching shower.

i have an unvented system with the top up pressure valve that seems to be 1 bar. I've always assumed this was my water pressure ?

I know a high pressure shower head is for low pressure water systems but is something that is rated 1-6 bar OK to get a good flow and a decent soaking shower ? any recommendations welcome please

As an example this is one I was looking at. Not cheap

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hansgrohe-...00BAGLM5U/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Sponsored Links
You are probably looking at the pressure of the boiler system not the mains pressure. The rate of flow at a given temperature is whats important in most cases and will be dictated by the power of the boiler and the input temperature of the water as well as the temperature set on your shower mixer valve unless you indeed do have very poor pressure. Any shower head with large holes and fairly few of them will feel like high pressure and a large head with many many hole will feel more low pressure so to speak. The one you link looks fine but I would think not much better than https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IMQUHZG?psc=1

I agree about prices and it's hard to see, in some cases, how the very expensive ones are any better than the cheaper ones when all you want is a "rain" effect. Just ordered the one you mentioned as that will do for the bathroom. I can check it out when it arrives to see if I'd like it for my on suite shower.

I have decent pressure as I don't have my shower too hot. The unvented tank stores the hot water of course and its not an on demand boiler. Although the shower pressure seems to be less than it used to be but that could be down to the shower head of course. Its powerful enough although I do like a strong shower pressure.

Thanks

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back