RIVA Advance HE 'Lack of Burner Ignition' Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please can someone help, i have a RIVA Advance HE boiler and it has suddenly stopped giving CH and shows Lack of Burner Ignition on the Fault LED's.

When i call for DHW all is fine and burners ignite and water temp is fine.
When i call for CH, system starts, burners light for about 4 seconds and then there is a vibration noise for about 1 second and the burners fail....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a problem with the combustion (air/gas) mixture would be plausible to get a recommended rgi to have a look at it for you

thanks for the reply,

why would it use different gas/air ratios for DHW and CH selections? this is what confused me at first because i was thinking it would be a simple common fault due to the boiler functioning fine when a hot tap is used???

Sponsored Links
yes, combi boiler......

MY hope was its a flow fault or pump fault on the CH circuit but do not know how these boilers are programed. Will it stop ignition for no water flow before or after burners are lit and is there a thermal cut out which may be causing the burners to stop if there is no flow or am i 'going down the garden path'???

It deffo sounds like a combustion issue !! Trying running the hot water for about 5 mins at about 4/5 litres a minute through the tap you may find the noise is reciprocated ??

Nope sorry, works ok all the time in DHW and both when tap flowing high and low...

I think i have proved its not a water flow issue on the CH because when it starts ignition if i close the CH circuit off it shuts off gas straight away and there is no noise...

Any other ideas???

Thanks very much for the help

Oh well thanks for trying I still think the boiler is stalling on low fire when a htg demand is created but as you can appreciate its very difficult to give advice over the Internet I again think it would be wise to get a recommended registered gas installer to have a look at it for you ;)

no problem, thanks very much for the help anyway.

Ill keep on trying for the weekend any will give someone a call in the week.

I agree that it sounds like a combustion setting issue. I suppose you have not had it properly serviced?

Try turning DHW to minimum temperature and as low a flow rate as will keep the boiler on such as about 2.0 li/min. It would be very likely to reproduce the problem then!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back