rockwool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have small dwarf timber walls both sides if my loft under the pitch .They have triangular holes in them throughout the length and i wanted to put some leftover mineral wool rockwool in them will this keep the heat out? i have already insulated the pitch with celotex but have run out.

Sponsored Links
I don't want to be unkind but are forums regarded as a reason for turning the brain off and not even trying to think a little ?

You obviously know that Rockwool is an insulation material like Celotex and then you ask if it "..will keep the heat out ."

Keep the heat out of what exactly ?

Since it is an insulation material it will diminish the transfer of heat but will be more affected by any moving air currents or water vapour than Celotex.

What size are these triangular holes - 10 cm 2 or 100 cm2 - how many of them are there ?

Is it not obvious to you that these things make a big difference and it would be sensible to give all available relevant information at the outset ?

That apart I do not understand what "under the pitch" means , possibly another of my personal failings, and cannot say if, technically, you should even be considering filling these holes that at some time in the past someone deliberately created.

Actually Freddy, I wanted to call myself Mountainwalker, as I live in the French Alps - and thus my interest in insulation amongst other things - but was renamed by my indelicate finger or my Tesco Value keyboard .

Can I change this ?

Sponsored Links
Actually Freddy, I wanted to call myself Mountainwalker, as I live in the French Alps - and thus my interest in insulation amongst other things - but was renamed by my indelicate finger or my Tesco Value keyboard .

Can I change this ?

Yes, replacement keyboards are easy to come by, and can be found in most computer shops as well as online.

Finger transplants on the other hand are a relatively new surgical process, and as such could end up costing an arm and a leg.

fingered

@ Deluks

Back to the pub with you to try and resolve the knotty question of the relationship between tax and free beer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back