Roof height change to drawing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently building a largish timber frame Extention to a pub to create 3 self contained flats. Our architect has been worse than useless from the word go, but it has now come to light the roof height needs to raise approx about 1 metre( to cut a long story short the new building roof should have ran in line with an existing roof ) my customer wants me to carry on and we sort it out near the end with planning but I can see this biting us in the ass at some point. Any tips on what should be my next move
Thankyou in advance

Sponsored Links
Presumably educating your client as to the law (this will get BAS going) and how this could cause a major problem has failed.

If your client still wishes to proceed without planning then you need to make him aware of the problems officially (ie email and write to him with a recorded letter) and get a letter off him stating that he takes full responsibility for any and all problems that may arise and that he will not withhold any money because of it etc. In short, shift all responsibility for his decision onto his shoulders.

Or you could walk away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back