Roof issues with marley modern smooth interlocking tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm currently doing a small pitched roof with a roof window. The tiles are marley modern smooth and the roof window is a sunlux with a universal flashing kit. It abuts to a wall where I have used a grp secret gutter.

Firstly the flashing kit is causing me a head ache because it is causing the tiles to kick up a lot! They are resting on the raised metal section of the flashing and not even touching the foam seal. If I cut the tile any more it will be more than 60mm which the instructions recommend.

Secondly the Grp secret gutter is also causing the tiles to kick up.

Is there anyway around this other than packing the bacl of the tiles up with something to level them out?

Do I need to apply mortar to the gutter?

Sponsored Links
Whose idea was it to fit the roof window up against the wall? Sounds like crap design to me.

I've only ever fitted Velux and they are idiot proof. The edge tiles usually have a modest kick.

Are you sure you have the correct flashing kit, they usually suit differing tile thickness's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back