Roof Lantern on PD 6m Extension?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon all,

I'm just considering options before submitting a pd application for a 6m extension to the rear of my end of terrace house.

From my understanding the max height the development can be from the HIGHEST existing point is 3m. Does anyone know if this would include the roof lantern or if it would be to the height of the bulk of the flat roof excluding the roof lantern/skylight?

Also anyone have any experience with the structural support/layout of joists over the 6m span and with the lantern in the middle?

Sponsored Links
No part of the extension can be over the prescribed limit.

Its 3m if within 2m of the boundary, 4m elsewhere.

Thanks freddymercurystwin.. kind of puts a slap across my face and wakes me out of the dream world... back to the drawing board i think...

Was aiming to build next to my neighbours existing extension, across the full width of my property (about 1 meter from the boundary on the other side)... but i guess that wont work with the lantern!

No part of the extension can be over the prescribed limit.

Its 3m if within 2m of the boundary, 4m elsewhere.

Are you sure about that?

It's 3m to the eaves and 4m overall for a single-storey regardless of how far the highest point is from the boundary.

OP can easily have his lantern IMO.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back