Roof Leak Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need a bit of advice. Leak in ceiling coming from roof. Only sign is worn felt where I assume rain water is dripping in. Got a roofer round who said there was no cracked tiles but roof tiles are porous so he said I need a new roof c3k. I will get another opinion but being the single female, need to know if there is another solution. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
how old is the house?

Who recommended this roofer?

Some photos would help.

House built c1980s. No photos but will try and upload some. Roofer from a local 'home handbook' He was the third one I rang that actually turned up!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Nigel F but I have googled and I'm confused even more. The whole roof is not saturated, just a small area where the rain drip feeds in. If I need a new roof then so be it..... but I'm trying to find out if it could be an easy fix without someone trying to rip me off.

What are you confused about - the references are pretty clear that porous roof coverings are very rare.
Are you certain that you have tiles? Not slates?
Is the suspect area anywhere near to a chimney stack?
Any inspecting roofer should go on the roof and then go into the loft.
If its a major concern why not post photos of the exterior and the interior?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back