Roof leak Quote

rvp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Roofer has quoted me £500 and another £250 for replacing 5 tiles and re pointing the Ridge tiles - around 12 or so.

Piccy

20161125_141957.jpg

Thoughts? I think that's a joke to be honest, doable myself? don't fancy a Rod Hull moment though :(

Sponsored Links
Ridge tiles should not be re-pointed but re-bedded. Any "roofer" that says otherwise is not a roofer. If you are not happy with the quote then obtain other quotes.

"I can do it myself".....always chuckle when I hear that.

P.S. you have another tile with a broken corner gutter two courses up.

Ridge tiles should not be re-pointed but re-bedded. Any "roofer" that says otherwise is not a roofer. If you are not happy with the quote then obtain other quotes.

"I can do it myself".....always chuckle when I hear that.

P.S. you have another tile with a broken corner gutter two courses up.

I dont really intend to do the full job myself really bit scary but maybe I could swap tge main damaged tile out.

I was just mainlt after views on the quotes.

does seem steep probly 3-4 hrs for a good roofer i had a lead vally replaced with fibre glass one and around 20 tiles at start of year @£350 and im in s.e
dont bother trying yourself you could do more damage

Sponsored Links
As Noseall rightly said, if the ridge needs attention then re bed them. Simply pointing will be a waste of money.
The tiles look like redland stonewolds and you will need a reclamation yard for these now.
Doable yourself.. horses for courses as Rod found out.

Not a good time of year to be cementing anything on a roof
I suggest a dry ridge system and a few more quotes
because he is taking the pi$$

Does the ridge need work?

That could make the difference between a 1 hour and a 4 hour job, and the difference between the cost of ladder and scaffold.

Roofer came today, he replaced four tiles and re bedded one for £90 which is fair enough I thought.

He proceeded to tell us it would be £150 to re bed the rest but talked us through the process If I was to do it myself.

He then got me up on the Roof to show me! he told us the only way that tile cracked was by someone standing on it and funnily enough next door had work done to their Fascia's :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back