Roof Movement and Repairs Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a survey carried out on my house, that i am hoping to sell.
According to this there is movement in the roof and the ridge timber is broken. Disrepair has been noted to the roof covering and masonry needs repointing. Also we have timber infestation and dampness. Would like to know if it is necessary to have a new roof or can these problems be sorted out one by one. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it needs taking off and replacing. Hard to say if you could carry out bits at a time, but I think it would work out cheaper and faster to do it all in one hit.

Plus the faster you get it done, the faster you sell ;) A new roof could get it sold quicker too.

If you , as the seller do all the work - you are a Gent. Most people would just flog it and leave for the buyer :evil: . Get some quotes and then ask an Estate agent how much the repaired property would sell for . You might be plesantly surprised , and not loose too much £ . You will have shown extreme goodwill tho`. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back