Roof spray glued underneath and now leaking!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I live in the midlands, UK. I moved into my house about 4 yrs ago. 3 bed semi detached. I never had an issue with my roof but it started leaking with the heavy rain recently, it appears i have my tiles spray glued from underneath, it looks like yellow expanding foam stuck to them and a small amount has now broken off. Now water is leaking through slowly when it rains. Any one know if there is a fix kit for this, like a small spray can adhesive to spray on? I need a temporary repair until i can afford to sort it properly middle of next year.

Thanks in advance

Chris.

Sponsored Links
With your roof in that state you will have to get on the roof to find the leak. You can search the forum for more information about this roofing experiment.

FWIW: Dont go clambering about your roof unless you have roofing experience and a helper - plus, if its a fragile roof, then simply walking on it can cause further damage.

Sponsored Links
This thread is testament as to why roof spray foam insulation should be banned. The leak could be occurring anywhere above where the water is actually coming through the foam. And all those timbers that are drenched will just be rotting away as we speak.

Just re-roofed my house to remove all the foam and fit a breathable membrane. Really messy, foam floating all around my cul-de-sac! It took 1 days per side (3 sides) to remove and membrane. Approx 6000 tiles, we lost about 900 in breakages and frost damage. The remaining 5000 me and my dad scraped clean by hand checking for cracks and damages. Lengthy process by saved a fortune in tiles. Bought 900 reclaims and the roof looks spot in now. I had 3 lads helping me at £120 per day, came in at about 2k, skip at £160 and full scaffolding at £450, the job I total with materials cost me around £3200 with all the facias and soffits done.
Not to bad really, but this foam is a big no no. I still see adverts for it in the paper! If your thinking of doing it don't!.
Chris.

Just re-roofed my house to remove all the foam and fit a breathable membrane. Really messy, foam floating all around my cul-de-sac! It took 1 days per side (3 sides) to remove and membrane. Approx 6000 tiles, we lost about 900 in breakages and frost damage. The remaining 5000 me and my dad scraped clean by hand checking for cracks and damages. Lengthy process by saved a fortune in tiles. Bought 900 reclaims and the roof looks spot in now. I had 3 lads helping me at £120 per day, came in at about 2k, skip at £160 and full scaffolding at £450, the job I total with materials cost me around £3200 with all the facias and soffits done.
Not to bad really, but this foam is a big no no. I still see adverts for it in the paper! If your thinking of doing it don't!.
Chris.

Didn't the survey you had done on the house warn about the roof having been foamed? If it didn't, and it should have been visible on even a head-and-shoulders inspection of the loft, you might have grounds for a claim against the surveyor.

No, just had a basic survey, but to be honest when you set your heart on a house, little matters other then major structural issues. We'd still have bought it. Turns out they must have done good business down my rd, few houses have it due to the original felt been so bad. Salesman must of made a killing on commission!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back