roof tiles - what are they called?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have a few roof tiles that need replacing, cracked/damaged etc

Can someone help me identify what these type of tiles are called, to make it easier for me to find replacements? and possibly recommend where I can get them (I am located near Norwich)

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
They are similar to a Marley 'Anglia', only your look like clay fellas.

Only way to find out is lift one off and have a squint at the back of the tile.

They are similar to a Marley 'Anglia', only your look like clay fellas.

Only way to find out is lift one off and have a squint at the back of the tile.
thanks - what am I looking for on the back?

Sponsored Links
Words. :mrgreen:

Seriously, manufacturers emboss their name in the backs of the tiles. Having a sample in your hand will be useful should you visit a roofing or reclamation yard.

Just wedge a plastic builders sack up there in place of the tile until you find some spares.

Words. :mrgreen:

Seriously, manufacturers emboss their name in the backs of the tiles. Having a sample in your hand will be useful should you visit a roofing or reclamation yard.

Just wedge a plastic builders sack up there in place of the tile until you find some spares.
okay will look tomorrow

wanted to buy over internet so not much use to me i'm afraid - really need to know what they are to search for them

wanted to buy over internet so not much use to me i'm afraid - really need to know what they are to search for them
Sometimes you just have to use those things sticking out beneath your waist. Simple once you get the hang of it.

Sometimes you just have to use those things sticking out beneath your waist. Simple once you get the hang of it.
fair point, but can't find any stores that sell them out my way - hence why intending to use internet - and you should be very careful saying things like that, for all you know I may have been disabled!

noseall";p="2776916 said:
]Sometimes you just have to use those things sticking out beneath your waist. Simple once you get the hang of it.
Testes :?: Check out the grey one in the pic - it could be a later concrete one as good a match @ the time to the clay ones , whenever it was slipped in :idea:

fair point, but can't find any stores that sell them out my way - hence why intending to use internet - and you should be very careful saying things like that, for all you know I may have been disabled!
A disabled person would have seen the irony. :rolleyes:

You may be best off checking reclamation yards as yours could be obsolete. We have a good yard by us called Cawarden. If you can scan an image to them they may be able to i.d.

They are a clay PANTILE there are many variations in depth of pan and even in channel structure. taker a sample to a good reclaimation yard that keeps roofing materials..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back