Roofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I have just had a new roof fitted and the tiles have patches that are a much lighter shade than the others, the roofing company say this is how they come out of the kiln and will weather in time. Is this right or are they just fobbing me off.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Generally if put anything new against something that is old it will stand out and building materials are no exception. Even if your builder had used reclaimed roof tiles they to would not be a perfect colour match.

So yes the roof tiles will darken in time by how much and how long it will take who knows, sometimes nature is very slow at these things.

Many thanks for the reply, i meant to say that I have renewed the whole roof including the old tiles. Every tile on the roof is new but have patches of much lighter tiles. Looks very patchy

batches of tiles and bricks can vary.

this is why we take from more than one pallet when loading out.

Sponsored Links
no use to you now but as noseall said there was probably printed somewhere use tiles from at least three bails to ensure an even colour etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back